Suffolk Coalition of Disabled People
SCODP was established in 2012 to provide a voice and support to disabled people in Suffolk. SCODP is an organisation run and controlled by disabled people ; the aim of the organisation is to work with disabled people and statutory and voluntary organisations to ensure disabled people have the support they need to live the lifestyle of their choice.
We feel it is important to have a coalition in Suffolk:
- To create a central point of contact for disabled people in Suffolk.
- To bring together the organisations and agencies who support disabled people within Suffolk.
- To Co-produce policies which allow disabled people to lead full and independent lives.
- To sign post disabled people to the organisations which cater for specific disabilities.
- To be a source of up to date information on disability issues and services.
- To give disabled people in Suffolk a strong and independent voice.
- To assist disability activists to campaign on important disability issues locally, regionally and nationally.
Suffolk Coalition of Disabled People is an independent and influential user led organisation. The aim of the organisation is to work with disabled people and statutory and voluntary organisations to ensure disabled people have the support they need to live the lifestyle of their choice. SCODP enables the collective voice of disabled people in Suffolk to be heard to effect changes to the way services are designed and delivered.
We do this by:
- Listening to our members and their advocates.
- Bringing concerns and requirements to those who deliver services to disabled people.
- Influence change in partnership with other organisations.
- Provide disabled people with important information regarding changes to services.
- Connecting people to develop networks to provide peer to peer support
Our Strategic Aims
To build an independent organisation that is well governed and financially sound. We are the “go to” organisation for disabled people and stakeholders in Suffolk.
We welcome all disabled people to input into our work and to be part of the organisation. If there is something specific you would like us to raise, something you would like us to investigate or if there is just something you want to ask us, please do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Suffolk Coalition of Disabled People became a company on December 9, 2011 (Company Number 7877035) and became a registered charity on April 13, 2012 (Registered Charity Number 1146878).