SCODP are pleased to be able to offer this half day mental health aware course. This is an introductory course designed to:
- increase mental health awareness
- give an understanding of how to look after wellbeing and challenge sigma.
Who should attend this course:
This course is designed for people who:
- Have little or no knowledge of mental ill health;
- Want to learn more about mental ill health;
- Challenge theirs and other people’s perceptions of mental health.
Who teaches the course?
SCODP uses an external trainer for all our Mental Health First Aid Courses.
Our courses are delivered by a quality assured instructor who has attended the MHFA Instructor Training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health and is trained to keep people safe and supported while they learn.
To be confirmed.
How will the course be delivered?
This course will be delivered online via Zoom, a wireless, web-based video conferencing tool suitable for Android systems, and Windows and Mac computers.
No experience of Zoom is necessary as a link with full instructions will be emailed to course participants. Participants will need access to:
• A computer or tablet
• Internet Broadband (a minimum of 3mbps is recommended)
• A webcam or inbuilt camera capability on your device
• Speakers – these are usually built into devices/computers. If they are not, external speakers will be required
10am – 1pm
The cost of the course is £50 per person.
SCODP have a small number of grants for these courses. Grant funding is available for disabled people, carers and people whose work is mainly with disabled people. If you require grant funding to attend the course, please tick the box on the booking form and further details about grant funding will be sent to you.
Bookings for both of these courses are now open. If you would like to book a place on this course, please complete the booking form when it is published and return to: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org