SCODP are pleased to announce that a grant from Councillor Bole now enables us to offer free places on our Mental Health First Aid online training courses. Details of the course and how to apply for grant funding is given below.
Our Adult Mental Health First Aid course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider.
This course helps you to gain:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the signs and triggers of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure, and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills (such as non-judgemental listening)
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support, including self-help, employer-assisted support, the NHS voluntary sector or other such resources
What to expect:
Due to the COVID-19 virus, we want to continue to offer training during this difficult time, and plan to offer 4 online courses for Mental Health First Aid training:
2 one-day courses – Mental Health First Aid Champions
2 half-day courses – Mental Health First Aid Aware
This course will provide information and challenge the common perception of mental ill-health.
Our current half-day course is:
To be confirmed.
The cost of the course is £50 per person.
How is this being course delivered?
This course will be delivered online via Zoom, a wireless, web-based video conferencing tool suitable for Android systems and Windows and Mac computers.
No experience of Zoom is necessary as a link with full instructions will be emailed to course participants. Participants will need access to:
- A computer or tablet
- Internet Broadband (a minimum of 3mbps is recommended)
- A webcam or inbuilt camera capability on your device
- Speakers – these are usually built into devices/computers. If they are not, external speakers will be required
If you are a disabled person or a carer and would like to attend the course but cannot afford the course fee, please complete the grant form and return it to: Brenda.Joyce@scodp.org.uk The number of grant funded places is limited on each course. We aim to let you know within 5 working days if your application has been successful.