Suffolk Coalition of Disabled People are proud to be able to offer our second Mental Health First Aid Training Course.
Did you know?
- 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health issue in their lifetime.
- People facing financial pressure can be prone to mental ill health
- Mental Health services are in crisis
Who is this course for?
- Anyone who believes Mental Health First Aid is as important as physical first aid
- Anyone who wants to learn techniques to help someone experiencing mental health distress
- Anyone who knows a friend or family member who struggles with mental ill health.
What Mental Health First Aid does:
- Teaches proven techniques to assist the first aider to support someone in mental health distress
- Explains mental health conditions such as stress, anxiety, depression to more complex conditions such as psychosis and schizo-effective disorder
What Mental Health First Aid isn’t:
- A replacement for a fully funded mental health Service
- a Counselling course or Mental Health on the cheap
- Make you an expert on mental health
- It is delivered over two days between 09:30 to 16:30
- It is delivered by two Mental Health First Aid Certified Instructors
When: 25 and 26 of July 2019
Where: Room 3, Castle Hill Community Centre, Highfield Road, Ipswich IP1 6DG
Cost: The course will cost £200 per person, including all refreshments, a sandwich lunch, a manual and a certificate for successful completion
Booking: Please note that places are limited to no more than 15 per course, so early booking is advised. A booking form is available here
If you are interested in arranging an ‘in-house’ training course with us, please email Becca at: mailto:email@example.com who will be happy to discuss your requirements.