To apply for grant funding to attend this course please click this link: /mental-health-first-aid-grants
Suffolk Coalition of Disabled People are proud to offer Mental Health First Aid Training Courses
Did you know?
- 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health issue in their lifetime.
- People facing financial pressure can be prone to mental ill health
- Mental Health services are in crisis
Who is this course for?
- Anyone who believes Mental Health First Aid is as important as physical first aid
- Anyone who wants to learn techniques to help someone experiencing mental health distress
- Anyone who knows a friend or family member who struggles with mental ill health.
What Mental Health First Aid does:
- Teaches proven techniques to assist the first aider to support someone in mental health distress
- Explains mental health conditions such as stress, anxiety, depression to more complex conditions such as psychosis and schizo-effective disorder
What Mental Health First Aid isn’t:
- A replacement for a fully funded mental health Service
- a Counselling course or Mental Health on the cheap
- Make you an expert on mental health
- It is delivered over two days between 09:30 to 16:30
- It is delivered by an external Mental Health First Aid Certified Instructor
When: 9th and 10th October 2019
Where: Stowmarket Library, Milton Road, Stowmarket, IP14 1EX
Cost: The course will cost £200 per person, including all refreshments, a sandwich lunch, a manual and a certificate for successful completion
Booking: Places are limited to 15. The booking form for Stowmarket is here Stowmarket Oct 2019
When: 24th and 25th October 2019
Where: Room 3, Castle Hill Community Centre, Highfield Rd, Ipswich IP1 6DG
Cost: The cost is £200 per person including refreshments, lunch, manual and a certificate of completion
Booking: Places are limited to 15. The booking form for Ipswich is here October 2019 booking form
If you are interested in arranging an ‘in-house’ training course with us, please email Becca at: mailto:email@example.com who will be happy to discuss your requirements.