Expression of interest for future courses
If you would like to be informed of upcoming courses across Suffolk and Norfolk in 2020, please complete our Expression of Interest form here: Expression of interest
Grant funding will also be available for some of our future courses. Please indicate on the above form if you would require grant funding to attend.
To apply for grant funding to attend this course please click this link: /mental-health-first-aid-grants
Suffolk Coalition of Disabled People are proud to offer Mental Health First Aid Training Courses
Did you know?
- 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health issue in their lifetime.
- People facing financial pressure can be prone to mental ill health
- Mental Health services are in crisis
Who is this course for?
- Anyone who believes Mental Health First Aid is as important as physical first aid
- Anyone who wants to learn techniques to help someone experiencing mental health distress
- Anyone who knows a friend or family member who struggles with mental ill health.
What Mental Health First Aid does:
- Teaches proven techniques to assist the first aider to support someone in mental health distress
- Explains mental health conditions such as stress, anxiety, depression to more complex conditions such as psychosis and schizo-effective disorder
What Mental Health First Aid isn’t:
- A replacement for a fully funded mental health Service
- a Counselling course or Mental Health on the cheap
- Make you an expert on mental health
- It is delivered over two days between 09:30 to 16:30
- It is delivered by an external Mental Health First Aid Certified Instructor