SCODP are excited to be able to offer our new course for Mental Health First Aid Champions
This is a one day course which will provide the awareness and skills which will teach you to:
- Recognise the main signs and symptoms of common mental health issues;
- Enable you to feel comfortable offering initial support;
- Enable you to guide people to appropriate professional help;
- Be mindful of your own wellbeing;
- Develop and understanding of how you can create and maintain a healthier workforce or community.
Who is this course for?
- People who want to learn more about the different types of mental ill health;
- People who want to offer support without being a qualified mental health first aider;
- People who support mental health first aiders in the workplace;
- People unable to commit the time to a two day course.
You will receive a certificate of course completion stating you are a Mental Health First Aid Champion.
Who teaches the course?
SCODP uses an external trainer for all our Mental Health First Aid Courses.
Our courses are delivered by a quality assured instructor who has attended the MHFA Instructor Training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health and is trained to keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Details of the next course will appear here shortly.
The cost of the course is £150 per person.
SCODP have a small number of grants for these courses. Grant funding is available for disabled people, carers and people whose work is mainly with disabled people. If you require grant funding to attend the course, please tick the box on the booking form and further details about grant funding will be sent to you.
If you would like to be informed of the dates of these courses please register your interest here: Expression-of-interest