Many Voices, Our Choices
We work according to the principles laid out in our mission statement:
Suffolk Coalition of Disabled People is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that unites disabled people and their groups to remove barriers that prevent people from leading independent lives.
Suffolk Coalition of Disabled People is an independent and influential user led organisation. SCODP allows the collective voice of disabled people in Suffolk to be heard in order to make changes to the way services are designed and delivered for disabled people in Suffolk.
We do this by:
- Listening to our members and their advocates.
- Bringing concerns and requirements to those who deliver services to disabled people.
- Influence change through the SCONE.
- Provide disabled people with important information regarding changes to services.
- Connecting people to develop networks to provide peer to peer support
To build an independent organisation that is well governed and financially sound. We are the “go to” organisation for disabled people and stakeholders in Suffolk.