- First Annual General Meeting (May)
SCODP were established in 2012 to provide a voice and support to disabled people in Suffolk. The aim of the organisation is to work with disabled people and statutory and voluntary organisations to ensure disabled people have the support they need to live the lifestyle of their choice.
During 2017 SCODP run the following projects:
- Mystery Shopper project for leisure centres;
- Suffolk Co-Production Network (Scone)
- Experts by Experience;
- Direct Payments Pre-payment cards – a discussion on their introduction
- We run a review for social services on what people felt of their direct payments – part of a national programme.
- We brought in our first volunteer development officer;
- Worked with Suffolk County Council on a review of reablement and residential care;
- Undertook access audits across Suffolk;
- Worked with the Co-Op to look at accessibility in their stores;